We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from San Antonio to New Braunfels (Comal River)

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from San Antonio to New Braunfels (Comal River)

Hello,

I'm from the UK and I'm visiting San Antonio in a few weeks. We'd like to visit New Braunfels to relax by the river.

Does anyone know of reasonably-priced transport from San Antonio to New Braunfels?

My girlfriend would preferably like to avoid driving so she can drink whilst there, which is why I ask.

A Google search led me to two options so far:

1) Airport shuttle from SA airport is around $100 one way for two people, which is very expensive.

2) A Greyhound Bus Line - however entering SA to NB on their website returns no results.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Mentioned in this post
New Braunfels
New Braunfels
211 Reviews
New Braunfels, TX
London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from San Antonio to New Braunfels (Comal River)

Just seen a post from a few years ago which says "There is no public bus transit between SA and NB. I just looked at Greyhound. They stop at San Marcos from SA and back, but not New B". tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g60956-i76-k5411…

If any different now, let me know.

Mentioned in this post
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
18,563 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from San Antonio to New Braunfels (Comal River)

look up Megabus service to Austin....departure is downtown SA...price is about $4 or $5...you could use the savings to get you a cab in Austin to visit Barton Springs and spend a few hours in the capital city

austintexas.gov/department/barton-springs-po…

http://us.megabus.com/

Mentioned in this post
Austin
Austin
Texas
3. Re: Travelling from San Antonio to New Braunfels (Comal River)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about New Braunfels