We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gruene Hall

Beaumont, Texas
Level Contributor
90 posts
179 reviews
Save Topic
Gruene Hall

Was wondering if there was an outdoor area where you could listen to the music? Not really interested in being inside the Hall when it's crowded. Any suggestions on outside seating for music and drinks would be appreciated.

8 replies to this topic
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,407 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gruene Hall

weekdays it is not crowded, music daily, yes you can sit outside..part of the building is screened in

concerts on Friday and Saturday are a little different

down the road, try this place

taverninthegruene.com/

for Gruene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKA4nm_2_8Q

2:00 gives you an idea of the outdoor area

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,583 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gruene Hall

also try

omalovesyou.com/Oma_Gruenes_Secret_Garten/Ho…

Dallas,Texas
Level Contributor
294 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gruene Hall

Oma's is a blast

Melbourne
Level Contributor
344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Gruene Hall

Instead of starting another thread i'll ask the question here if that's ok. On my way to Austin from San Antonio i'm stopping off to spend an afternoon/night in Gruene and would definitely love to visit Gruene Hall. Looking at their site and the upcoming gigs it's showing nothing is playing there that night (March 5th on a Thursday night)

Is that likely to be updated and they'll have someone playing there that night? Whether it be free or paying for entry i'd love to visit the place. It's the main reason i'm stopping off there!

Funny Tavern in the Gruene was mentioned because i literally just found this place after doing some research and that's definitely a place i'd also like to visit.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,583 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gruene Hall

Yes, it will be updated. As with most music venues they book the bigger shows as the get them, way in advance, and then fill in the weekday shows about a month in advance.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,968 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gruene Hall

The hall will be open for visitors as the bar is open nightly, even if there is no musical act.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
344 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Gruene Hall

Excellent, cheers guys. Am really looking forward to visiting the place having a few drinks and enjoying the music and given i'm traveling solo hopefully meeting a few of the locals as well.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,407 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gruene Hall

Another cool place just south of the San Marcos outlet mall and just off the freeway/ at York Exit. Since prohibition.

http://www.rileystavern.com/

looks like weeknight music does not start until 9pm though

-------

as mentioned, just check back for calendar updates

of course in Austin you have Broken Spoke and Northwest San Antonio you have Floore's Country Store if you have the time or interest in some other Texana places

http://www.rileystavern.com/

Reply to: Gruene Hall
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about New Braunfels