We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April Accomodations

Which Port Aransas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
TX
Level Contributor
14 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
April Accomodations

Looking to spend a couple of nights in the Corpus/Port A area in April. I will have an 8 year old as well as a senior. Would appreciate recommendations for accomodations.

Also thinking a dolphin tour would be entertaining for all - any recommendations there?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April Accomodations

In Port A, The Sandcastle may be your best bet for your mixed age group. Also, check out the Port A Beach Lodge. Woody's does dolphin watching tours.

Sherman, TX
Level Contributor
20 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April Accomodations

TxMaggie, we stayed at the Sandcastle last summer and loved it. It's very close to the beach and the pool was great.

Clayton
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: April Accomodations

I would recommend La Mirage it is the only condo that has a completely protected pool area, which is good to have for those windy days that often occur in the spring. While Sandcastle is closer to town it does not provide the nice protected area.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April Accomodations

We found the Sandcastle pool pretty protected (from 3 sides) so another vote for Sandcastle. La Mirage is 7 miles out of town. Can't judge about the quality of the condo's though. If staying at the Sandcastle try the north wing (south facing). Wind usually is coming from the NE and you'll have the sun on your balcony most of the day. Perfect for april (in summer it might be too hot!)

Tet

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: April Accomodations

Another vote for Sandcastle, I love that place, easy to get to the beach on the boardwalk & great pool, the rooms are very nice.

texas
Level Contributor
176 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: April Accomodations

I agree with port addict, Beach lodge is the way to go...Gated pool area, restraunt right there, game room with a pool table, right on the beach and when it's nap time for the little one you can sit rightoutside your door next to the pool hile your older one swims or plays pool, or the games inside the restraunt but get one of the bigger rooms with the 3 beds...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: April Accomodations

Another vote for Sandcastle, great pool & very nice boardwalk to the beach.

TX
Level Contributor
14 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: April Accomodations

Thanks to all for your suggestions - in fact, I did pass on the recommendation for the Sandcastle to a couple of ladies I met on the dolphin tour. We ended staying at the Holiday Inn (had points to use), which was pretty convenient to everything.

And I would recommend the Dolphin tour through Woody's. Even though we didn't have the minimum of 10 people, they decided to go out with 8. And when the sea fog rolled in unexpectedly, they cut the trip short for safety reasons - but gave everyone a non-expiring rain check... great service!!!

9. Re: April Accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 23:20
Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas
Recent Conversations