We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June in Port Aransas?

Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
June in Port Aransas?

My family is going to Port A the second week in June. Hoping that the seaweed isn't too bad and the weather is nice and warm. We are staying on the beach in a rented cottage ... hoping it is nice, too. We are thinking about doing the Dolphin Excursion and going to Malaquite Beach to see the turtle release ... any other suggestions that don't cost an arm and a leg ...

Also, some family friendly places to eat dinner at night ... so mom gets a break, too.

Thanks

texas
Level Contributor
176 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June in Port Aransas?

I like the castaways, not very expensive and not uptight. Eat out on the patio, less crowed. Food is good and plenty food for the little for the little ones.

Sherman, TX
Level Contributor
20 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June in Port Aransas?

A word about the dolphin excursions - I think there are 2 or maybe 3 to choose from. I think there was a thread about it not too long ago. I wish I could remember the name of the one we went on, but it was at one of the places that does guided sea fishing. Anyway, we didn't really care for it. It was very long, and boring, hot, and yes, we saw some "dolphins" but after the first few it was kind of like, "Ok, yep, that's a dolphin." The driver of the boat lit up a cigarette and then many of the other tourists decided to do the same. Not fun for us non-smoking, boat safety nuts. Anyway, we loved everything else about Port A. June ought to be be great.

Port Aransas
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: June in Port Aransas?

Eat at the Cancun Restaurante and Cantina; it's a favorite with the locals as is the Island Cafe. Both have a broad menu and very reasonable prices. Seafood is pricey everywhere but we find Castaways the best for the money.

Next trip to Port A, try the Sea and Sand Cottages for a great value and helpful staff.

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June in Port Aransas?

We went on a dolphin watch tour through Woody's. We really enjoyed it. They had the little tank thing and they threw out the net and brought up some fish and things for the little kids to hold and stuff. The guy that did it was great with the kids and very friendly and informative. Plus, the little fish the kids could play with kept them entertained too, so that they weren't just sitting on the boat. No smoking on this boat, that I remember (and I'm sure I would have). I would definitely recommend this place. I don't remember exactly how long it was, but I know it was 1 1/2 or 2 hours long.

Hope you have a great time!!

5. Re: June in Port Aransas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas
Recent Conversations