We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what area to stay in?

Which Port Aransas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool
4 posts
Save Topic
what area to stay in?

hi me and my wife drove down to port a for a visit during last years hols in san antonio and enjoyed the day so have decided to stay for 3 or 4 days in early september. we'll be out during the day but like to relax and have a few beers/good meals etc at night without having to drive anywhere.any recommendations welcome as i cant decide myself . thanks ray

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what area to stay in?

We are normally stay at Sandcastle Condo.

www.sandcastlecondo.com

it is a great place to stay, right on the beach via a boardwalk, nice large pool, the rooms are newly renovated, the beds are so comfy. You have use of a kitchen with all the materials, like fridge, stove, microwave, dishes & pots & cleaning detergent. It makes it nice for lunch or in the morning, for a quick bite. The staff is very friendly & helpful with great amenities. From the balcony you can get a view of the Gulf coast, pool or both, just depends on your room.

Hewitt, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what area to stay in?

Not sure exactly what you mean about not driving anywhere. Everything in Port A is at MOST a 5 minute drive, unless you stay in some of the condos farther out 361.

San Antonio Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: what area to stay in?

We like the Courtyards Condo. There 5 minutes from town. We go to the shrimp boat area and buy shrimp then go to the grocery store buy t-bones and grill them on there grills. This is the way to go. Then go to The Back Door, Or Bernies and have drinks and set back and enjoy the night. Both places are at docks.

4. Re: what area to stay in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas
Recent Conversations