We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short way from SA

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Short way from SA

What is the shortest route from SA?..Last time seemed to take 2.5 hours goung 80...I remember passing Port Royal,if that helps.....

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short way from SA

Head to Corpus and take the ferry via Aransas Pass...I made it from SA in 2hours and 15 minutes..

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short way from SA

Veeeeery fast mate. You must have been lucky with the ferry ride. Sometimes we stayed 20 minutes in line before crossing....Going 90 mph on 37 didn't you-lol-

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short way from SA

No wait for the ferry...More like 85 with a headwind..My Passport radar detector has never failed me...Worth every penny...No clue why most people do not have one...

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short way from SA

Radar detectors are forbidden in my country. If police gets you, you are heavily fined and you have to hand them your detector. Don't know how it is in Tx. I do know Tx hwpatrol is keen on speeders. Got a ticket at Junction driving almost 90 mph instead the allowed 80 on I10. Although the officer looked like the nice short cop in "Car 54 where are you" and I explained I was just a foreighner he just gave me the ticket and prob. he was right, yikes.

tet

5. Re: Short way from SA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 23:24
Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas
Recent Conversations