We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Shells - where do I find them?

Which Port Aransas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
148 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Shells - where do I find them?

I will be staying at Casa Condos in September 2010. Based upon past experience the beach in that area doesn't have a lot of great sea shells to find. I would like to know where I should go in or near Port A to find some good sea shells.

Clayton
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Shells - where do I find them?

Shelling is spotty in PA, and depends on tides, wind and luck. Try taking access road two and head south down the beach to the jetty at the state park boundry. There are actually two jettys there and from time to time I have seen great shelling there. Also St. Joe island is supposed to be a good place, but primarily after storms and in winter.

Michigan
Level Contributor
148 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Shells - where do I find them?

We went shelling between the jetty and pier in town. The tide was acting really funny when we were down there so it was way out. We actually saved the life of 2 starfish. The guy at the front desk of the condo complex said during the weekend, he had picked up over 100 shark's teeth in that same area. We didn't find any but we didn't know what we were looking for. We were told not to go to St. Joe Island during the Fall because we would get ate up by mosquitoes.

3. Re: Sea Shells - where do I find them?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas
Recent Conversations