We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas weekend adventure

Which Port Aransas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Christmas weekend adventure

For the 1st time I will be free for a solo adventure over Christmas. I'd appreciate any advice about traveling to the Gulf Coast during this time. I'll be coming from Austin but I'm a newby to the Southwest, from the East coast.

I've pretty much settled on Port Aransas since I hear I can get out onto the beach in the jeep and there is amazing wildlife to be seen. I will have my dog with me so I'll need pet friendly accommodations. Is anything open down that way on Christmas day & weekend?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

San Antonio, Texas
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas weekend adventure

It is difficult to find a dog-friendly place to stay in Port Aransas, but there are two cottage-style accommodations on Avenue G that are a short few minute walk to the beach. Neither is fancy but both very clean with a lot of character. Both have kitchens/kitchenette. Laughing Horse Lodge is very welcoming to "good dogs". Check their website for internet specials. Sea Shell Village (cottages only) will accommodate dogs. They are located across the street from Laughing Horse Lodge. We've stayed at both, depending on their room availability.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,140 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas weekend adventure

You may want to visit the Aransas Wildlife Refuge, its about 35 minutes from Port Aransas (closed Christmas Day):

www.fws.gov/southwest/refuges/texas/aransas/

Or the other direction is the Padre Island National Seashore. The visitor center is closed on Christmas Day but you can drive the beach.

www.nps.gov/pais/planyourvisit/hours.htm

3. Re: Christmas weekend adventure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas
Recent Conversations