We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cinnamon Shores

Which Port Aransas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cinnamon Shores

Looking to take the family to Cinnamon Shores in July. Has anyone seen it lately - how much construction is going on and is the "village" complete. The web site makes it look wonderful.

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
93 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cinnamon Shores

Came here wondering the same thing! Hopefully someone will post. I'm a little wary of this place ... lots of VRBO rentals available with no reviews at all.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cinnamon Shores

I am feeling like you. Hope I will not be sorry but I did book a house for a week this summer.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
149 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cinnamon Shores

Hi! We have been to Port A several times last fall and were there in January. There are homes in cinnamon shores and the pool was open last fall (not very big though). The first litte cafe they had there folded and i believe a coffee place was going to take over, but we did not see it open while in the area.

the houses are nice, but if you cant take going up and down stairs alot, this isnt for you. Many of the kitchens and bedrooms are on upper levels. The view is just barely over the dunes if you are on the 2nd floor. First floor you wont see the beach.

We did the tour of the Southern Living home about a year ago and were not impressed by the constuction and the quality of that house for the price.

while they have big plans for more community buildings, the only thing there is the coffee place, that is it---the "circle" is bare and they often have weddings and other private events there.

It is a bit of a drive into town, you cant walk to shops from there and you cant drive your golf cart into town from there (unless you drive the entire way on the beach). The stretch of beach there is not protected like it is "in town" but there are not alot of people down that far so generally not a problem. They usually have beach chairs/umbrellas there which is nice, but not sure of the charge for them.

We rent alot in the fall and prefer to have a big high view and no steps, and a pool or two! there are some very nice places/condos in town, on the trolley route and you can walk to shops or use a golf cart to go everywhere.

its all about what is important to you, and we figure if we are at the beach, we want a big view of the ocean and waves....

No matter what, Port Aransas is a cute, fun tiny town and we enjoy visiting there every chance we get!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cinnamon Shores

Thanks so much for you input!

san antonio, tx
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cinnamon Shores

Lisabella's, an upscale restaurant has opened in Cinnamon Shores and is excellent. We own a second home in Port A and love that area.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cinnamon Shores

So good to hear something positive - their web site looks to good to be true. Makes no difference the little ones will love the water - first time for them.

Cedar Park, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Cinnamon Shores

Where would you recommend for someone to stay in Port A? We are planning to go this summer and have no idea where to go as we have never been, We will be staying with some other friends of ours for a total of 4 adults and 4 kids.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,425 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cinnamon Shores

That is VERY helpful SALife!

Austin, Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cinnamon Shores

go to beachgate. www.beachgate.com. clean affordable and ON the beach. Also close to town so you're not driving far all the time.

Port Aransas, Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cinnamon Shores

JLS46: Last I was down (april 2012), there was still a lot of construction in Cinnamon Shores. And it's such a large development I'm guessing it'll be going on for a while.

But if you're in an area that's mostly finished out you should be OK. Nice big houses and close to the beach (though you'll have to carry your stuff over the dunes). But like others said, gotta drive into town for most everything.

Mia C: There are lots of places to stay in Port A that fit a variety of family sizes and budgets. My recommendation would be to use a site like http://www.VRBO.com (vacation rental by owner) and narrow down by dates and size. Then contact a few and get to know a little more about the place and the owners.

http://www.MyPortA.com

Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas
Recent Conversations