We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Aransas during spring break?

Which Port Aransas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Irving, Texas
Level Contributor
196 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Port Aransas during spring break?

Hi, what's Port A like during spring break? We've been going for years but only during the summers. We've never been during spring break. Mom with 2 teen girls to spend a couple of nights during the week.

Is it crazy with college kids?

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Aransas during spring break?

It is crazy with college and high school kids. We avoid and to be honest our teenage daughter had no desire to be a part of any of it either. Of course she could go to the beach (and did) any time she wanted! That doesn't mean you will have an awful time or it is necessarily dangerous but it is a circus-like atmosphere with a huge police presence. There is a lot of drinking to excess. Your teen age girls should be supervised even if you trust them because it will be easy to get caught up with the wrong crowd.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
91 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Aransas during spring break?

Hi!

When is spring break in Tx and Port Aransas this year?

James.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Aransas during spring break?

We are here in port a now. I was terrified to come! I also have a 16 yr old boy and a15 yr old girls and a 2 yr old toddler... It is wonderful! The college kids are pretty respectful even though they are partying! We are staying at the beachgate and it is amazing! The music at night is loud but once u go in ur room is quite as anything!!!! I am soooo enjoying my time! And the kids are ecstatic!

Irving, Texas
Level Contributor
196 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port Aransas during spring break?

Thanks P! We will be there next week.

11-15 is spring break in the Dallas area.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Port Aransas during spring break?

Same for most of the Houston area and many colleges and universities.

se kansas
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Port Aransas during spring break?

We've gone over Spring Break the last 15 years or so. Granted we come during Kansas break which usually follows Texas break by about 1 week. We stay a little farther down the beach and we never have problems. We will be there starting this Friday and I can't wait!

se kansas
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Port Aransas during spring break?

We've gone over Spring Break the last 15 years or so. Granted we come during Kansas break which usually follows Texas break by about 1 week. We stay a little farther down the beach and we never have problems. We will be there starting this Friday and I can't wait!

Irving, Texas
Level Contributor
196 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Port Aransas during spring break?

Home from Port A last night. We had a wonderful time. Got there Wednesday 10:30am and left Friday noon.

College kids were not an issue. Found out when we pulled onto the beach which area to avoid. The college section is just past Beach Access Rd 1-A and back towards Mustang Island.

My friend and I walked the beach Thurs and Fri mornings from 9-10am. It was quiet, hardly any people or cars. By afternoon it got more crowded but nothing more than the usually summer traffic.

Two moms with 4 teen girls and we would do it again. There was only one incident in town at 9:30pm where a truck load of guys were hollering at two of the girls. Tried to give them beads and said inappropriate things. But they never felt unsafe. Us moms were nearby.

Port A is still our favorite!

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Port Aransas during spring break?

Hi, we will be coming from KS to Port A for spring break 2014. Do you have any recommendations of where to stay that is further from the college crowds? Such as specific condos?

Edited: 01 January 2014, 05:11
Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Port Aransas during spring break?

Hi, we will be coming from KS to Port A for spring break 2014. where did you stay that was further down the beach?

Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas
Recent Conversations