We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaweed

San Antonio, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Seaweed

We just drove down from San Antonio for the day with our toddler. I liked the area we found on the beach, but I was very dismayed by the seaweed. It was even being bulldozed into giant piles. Is it always like that? It was in the water, in a big line up the beach, and huge piles everywhere. I am hoping it will dissipate as summer really kicks in.

san antonio
Level Contributor
5 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaweed

I think it is a seasonal problem - April thru May- google it.

San Antonio, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaweed

No it just rots in th Sun as the summer gets hotter...sometimes it lets up...once I went in August and there wasn't any.... I'm from texas an usually just wait till I can head down to south padre but really need a little get away and figured I would check if there was any word on how bad it was.....thanks for heads up...I'll just sit by the pool.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,307 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaweed

Briana,

You are responding to a post that is almost a year old. Last years' sargassum was the heaviest in 17 years according to Mustang Island State Park officials. Not hearing of problems this year.

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaweed

I will be in port a august 7th how is the seaweed this year?

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,307 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaweed

Was there last weekend. No seaweed problems to report.

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seaweed

None at all? Was the water better since the storm?

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Seaweed

None at all? And is the water nice? My mom was there in may after the storm and said the water was dirty. Its the first time my fiance has been to the beach so i hope there is not much seaweed? So pretty much no seaweed?

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,307 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seaweed

Pretty much...

Murphy, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Seaweed

Seaweed is a part of Port Aransas. they help to clean the water, I don't mind the seaweed, just hate to see all the trash that people left behind

Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seaweed

My family is here now. No seaweed. However we have seen several man-o-wars. Better read up on them before getting in the water.

Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas