We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Light Attraction

Texas
Level Contributor
57 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Light Attraction

I have been told the lines and traffic are worse here than at Zilker, true? I have a new driver wanting to go and was wondering if this is a bad idea. Opinions please.

Old Settlers Park
Parks, Playgrounds, Arenas & Stadiums
Play for all park
Playgrounds, Parks, Hiking Trails
5 replies to this topic
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Light Attraction

You have a big advantage in seeing the Rock n' Lights in San Gabriel Park vs. Zilker. You don't have to worry about parking and you don't have to walk. You are totally in the comfort of your climate controlled car and you can have snacks and beverages as you sit in the long line you might encounter. Also, all along your route to get to the park are drive-thru's where you could even get a meal to eat while you sit in line.

You also mentioned you have a driver. That means you are free to turn on some Christmas music and sit in your car until your finally arrive and the entrance and totally enjoy the light show. Sounds like a win win.

Anytime I have to an opportunity to see beautiful lights in the comfort of a car, I jump on it. Have fun!

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,678 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Light Attraction

if family members are really interested then go for it...my sister loves the stuff but I endured the two hour long lines, people cutting in the que etc.

someone can reverify.... do not bother going to the baseball parking area..that is strictly the exit to the exhibition...the entrance is on the far (east) side of SG Park

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Light Attraction

Just to clarify for anyone who want to go to the Round Rock Rockin' Lights display, it is at Old Settlers Park, not San Gabriel Park. San Gabriel Park is in Georgetown.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Light Attraction

Oops! Tks Mr. Ted. Just had surgery. Brain fog alert, plus I live in GT so had SGP on my mind.

Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Light Attraction

Go see the lights during the week and not on a weekend and you will have very little lines or waiting. The closer to Christmas the bigger the wait.

Reply to: Christmas Light Attraction
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Round Rock
Recent Conversations