We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Marcos Outlet Malls?

Farnham
Level Contributor
113 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
San Marcos Outlet Malls?

Worth a trip to the Outlet Malls? Our daughters are interested in Hollister clothing. Also looking for somewhere to stay overnight in the direction of Houston Airport. We fly out the next day and want to break up our journey. Ideally somewhere that is no more than an hour from San Marcos but east and in the right direction. Somewhere with a decent choice of restaurants, decent choice of accomodation and perhaps somewhere near a breakfast/brunch location for the next morning. It'll be our last meal and hotel at the end of our vaction so don't want something that will spoil our great time in Texas.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,464 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Marcos Outlet Malls?

Shoppers enjoy the Outlet Malls, San Marcos actually has two outlet centers next to each other.

There really isn't much between SA and Houston. The drive is about three hours and we always either stay in Houston or come back home.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
16,033 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Marcos Outlet Malls?

San Marcos is one of the largest outlets in the US. with .two seperate outlet companies side by side. If you are an outlet fan, then maybe I would suggest it. I personally am not an outlet fan so for me it would not be worth it. If you have the time, go for it. There is Old Navy, Gap etc.

you could find Tanger outlet and Premium outlet web sites for a complete list of shops ...

There is Katy Mills Outlet Mall on the way into Houston. I did not see a Hollister shop specifcally listed.

I would also suggest Urban Outfitters for your kiddos.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
16,033 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Marcos Outlet Malls?

Again, if you have enough time, after San Marcos you could travel via Lockart TX to some of the best BBQ in Texas. (numerous threads on Lockart BBQ-at least 3 BBQ joints worth mentioning)

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
330 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Marcos Outlet Malls?

The outlet malls there are Tanger and Prime and they both have websites to show what and where the shops are. If you are going when the temps are warm there is the San Marcos River that is spring fed and a great tube float that last about an hour. You can rent tubes from the local Lions club at the beginning of the river in Sewell Park. Extremely clean and a lot of fun for your kids as well. Enjoy

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,395 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Marcos Outlet Malls?

I would make my way to Lockhart and have some BBQ at Smitty's and then continue to Houston and overnight there. Just a couple hours from Lockhart and less hassle the last day. There are some small towns along the way.

6. Re: San Marcos Outlet Malls?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2015, 21:15
Get answers to your questions about San Marcos