We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abandoned Mansion in Sherman

Which Sherman hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
94 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Abandoned Mansion in Sherman

Does anyone know anything about an old, abondoned mansion on the shouthwest side of Sherman? I can not remember what street I saw it on but it was huge, red brick, white columns, and on a large, fenced off property. Very spooky! Thanks.

31. Re: Abandoned Mansion in Sherman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 August 2010, 22:36
Edited: 01 August 2010, 22:36
Sherman TX
1 post
Save Reply
32. Re: Abandoned Mansion in Sherman

Woodmen's Circle Home on west Hwy. 56 at FM 1417 in Sherman. I live next to the cemetery just up the road on 1417.

Lisa

Mesquite, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
33. Re: Abandoned Mansion in Sherman

So are people allowed to go there or is it enter at your own risk??

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: Abandoned Mansion in Sherman

In September 2010, the Red River Historical Museum arranged to have the house opened to the public for four hours one Saturday, and about 600 people attended. The house is in very sad shape, and it's quite dangerous to go into some sections, which were blocked off.

More info about this house is posted here: http://www.squidoo.com/woodmens-circle-home

There's also a group of photos from that September event posted here: flickr.com/photos/…

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: Abandoned Mansion in Sherman

People really aren't allowed to go in. It's fenced with barbed wire, and there are no trespassing signs posted. There's a long expanse of lawn to get from the fence line to the house, and the police do drive by regularly. They will cite you and fine you if you're caught on the property.

36. Re: Abandoned Mansion in Sherman

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2016, 19:00
albuquerque
1 post
Save Reply
37. Re: Abandoned Mansion in Sherman

okay i herd about the orphanage from a friend that lived down the street from it and i became very interested. iv have done so much research but i cant seem to fined everything i want to know about it and was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me. i will be visiting in a few weeks so that i can further research and i hope to talk to the owner so i may get a few pictures i would like to do a project for school. but that's neither here nor there if you think you can answer my questions or have any information please email me at southern_bell_2010@yahoo.com

Sherman, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
38. Re: Abandoned Mansion in Sherman

me and one of my friend sneaked into that property last night with a camera... we spend like half an hour in the property but we couldnt dare to go inside.. we didnt have a torch light and it was too dark inside..... i didnt hear or see any kind of unusual thing whatsoever..... but i cannot say if its haunted or not.... as i didnt actually go inside the building

39. Re: Abandoned Mansion in Sherman

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2011, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Sherman