We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saida Towers III

Which South Padre Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Saida Towers III

My family and I will be staying at Saida Towers III in mid-May. I have seen conflicting reviews of the cleanliness. I was under the assumption that most of the condos have been renovated to date. Does anyone know if thei is true or false?

Are there any suggestions for a couple with their 12 year old boy to do down there? I know of the waterpark but wasn't sure if there was anything else of interest to a 12 year old boy.

Thank you!

Twin Cities, MN
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saida Towers III

We have a 10 year old boy and he loves to swim in the ocean, that's all he would do all day if we let him. If your boy loves the ocean you don't really need to have any other activities planned. Get your boy a skim board, he'll love doing that. I don't think WaterPark opens until Memorial Day weekend, I could be wrong though.

There is also a sea turtle place, dolphin watch, Port Isabel museums, Port Isable lighthouse, Arcades, Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville, the Dolphin Research & Sealife Center. On the rainy day you can take him to the movie theater.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sorry I don't know anything about Saida Towers. I thought they were privately owned so they wouldn't be renovated at the same time inside the condos. As far as the outside - I don't know.

Missouri
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saida Towers III

Thanks for the info. Will definitely get a board. Thanks again!

Arlington, Texas
Destination Expert
for South Padre Island
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saida Towers III

Our kids have never been bored there. They swim until they are waterlogged. But if you want some variety, plan a bay fishing trip. He will love it. I have the name of a guide who is a teacher in the "off" season, and is wonderful with kids of all ages (he calls himself "the guide with the family attitude"). We won't fish with anyone else. He makes sure you catch something, but even if the fishing is off, just being out on the water and watching the birds and dolphins and other flora and fauna is worth it.

There are also sand castle building lessons available with professionals, parasailing, and a visit to the sea turtle rescue place is a must.

Saida is made up of individually owned condos. Some will be more updated than others. The location is great. Call and request one that has been recently upgraded.

4. Re: Saida Towers III

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about South Padre Island