We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury resort right on beach w/no Spring Breakers in Apr/May

USA
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Luxury resort right on beach w/no Spring Breakers in Apr/May

My girlfriend and I try to get away from kids and husbands every Spring and go to Mexico. But this year we can't get there. So we've thought about going to South Padre Island. However, we don't want to be around any Spring Break kids. We'd like Luxury hotel w/rooms right on the beach and nice pool w/possibly a swim up bar (but not necessary at all). Most of all, we just want warm weather to sit on the beach and relax w/some drinks.

We are looking at going either at the end of April and/or first week in May possibly.

Does anyone have any recommendations for us?

Thanks in advance!

Arlington, Texas
Destination Expert
for South Padre Island
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury resort right on beach w/no Spring Breakers in Apr/May

There really aren't luxury hotels on SPI. There are a couple luxury type condos. Try Bridgepoint Resort or the Peninsula. I know for sure Bridgepoint doesn't rent to Spring Breakers, and probably the Peninsula doesn't either...although by May, they will be gone anyway.

2. Re: Luxury resort right on beach w/no Spring Breakers in Apr/May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about South Padre Island