We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What just has to be done????

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What just has to be done????

I asked this question in the Galveston forum because we are only going to be there for 2 days, but I got some great ideas/answers, so I thought maybe I ought to ask it here too!

Does anybody have any suggestions for what we just HAVE to do while we are in SPI?

It will be my husband, my two sons (17 years and 6 years) and me (of course)! We will be there for a week. We have a few things planned already, but I'm asking in case I've overlooked something or the info just isn't on the internet.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions!

Kim

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What just has to be done????

Personally, I think the best thing to do is lounge in a beach chair with an ice cold beverage and watch the world go by...but that probably won't work for a 6 year old. You can arrange to build a sand castle with a world reknown professional www.sandyfeet.com

or take a dolphin cruise, visit the turtle rescue place. We love to go bay fishing...your boys would love it and you would, too. I have the name of a great guide who is wonderful with kids. You don't have to know how to fish, he does the work for you. You just need a fishing license, easy to get at WalMart.

North Texas
Level Contributor
287 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What just has to be done????

Eat great food, watch the sun come up and set from beach or balcony, shop at cutesy island shops, schlitterbahn for the kids, play games in the condo, buy fresh fish and cook in the condo, and sun and watch kids in surf. This is what we are planning in Aug. I like to drive around the island early in the morning and look at the lighthouse, the marina(which can be an interesting place). Don't forget to just relax, it is a vacation after all.

Texas
Level Contributor
358 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What just has to be done????

Just returned from SPI. Must things to do: Get a great book and sit under an umbrella on the beach all day. Watch people walk by on the beach all day long. Sip on something good, etc.

Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What just has to be done????

We went to SPI over Spring Break with two 14 year olds and my sister and her family. We enjoyed the dolphin cruise and visited the turtle center. For the more adventurous, you could try parasailing. The boys might also enjoy going on a fishing trip. My nieces actually went twice. We also did horseback riding on the beach which my daughters enjoyed. There's also fireworks on the beach on Friday nights.

5. Re: What just has to be done????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 18:20
Get answers to your questions about South Padre Island