We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SPI Gulf Front Hotel/Motel/Condo w/HEATED POOL!

Which South Padre Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
harrisburg, pa
Level Contributor
158 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
SPI Gulf Front Hotel/Motel/Condo w/HEATED POOL!

Am looking for a place for a few days between Christmas and New Years... really want gulf front place (with balcony so I can drink coffee and read the newspaper and watch the sun rise) on SPI. MOST IMPORTANT IS A HEATED POOL!!!!! Will be in the Valley for Christmas (McAllen) but want some beach time before I have to go home to the cold north... of course it DID snow last year when I was in McAllen for Christmas! Don't need THAT! I can't seem to find much on the internet that specifies heated pools....thanks!

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SPI Gulf Front Hotel/Motel/Condo w/HEATED POOL!

Suntide has an indoor pool. I would assume it is heated. Call to get specifics.

Oklahoma
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SPI Gulf Front Hotel/Motel/Condo w/HEATED POOL!

psuaq,

Words of advice. Do NOT stay at the Bahia Mar. It is horrible.

My vacation there was the worst experience I have ever had in my life. The resort's condo that I was placed in was nasty to say the least. I wish I had read Tripadvisors reviews of Bahia Mar before booking. Read them, you will see that I am not the only one that feels this way.

Good luck and I wish you a happy vacation.

Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: SPI Gulf Front Hotel/Motel/Condo w/HEATED POOL!

Radisson Resort is right on the Gulf and has both a heated and regular pool and three hot tubs. You can rent a 2-bedroom condo or a cabana room.

Arlington, Texas
Destination Expert
for South Padre Island
Level Contributor
808 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SPI Gulf Front Hotel/Motel/Condo w/HEATED POOL!

Stay at the Bridgepoint Resort. Heated pool, balconies, coffee machine, sunrise all included! Beautiful condos (1,2,3 br), secure, right across from causeway. go to bridgepointresort.com for more info

Castle Rock, CO
Level Contributor
60 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SPI Gulf Front Hotel/Motel/Condo w/HEATED POOL!

Suntide III is very nice - we stayed there for a week in June - they have an outdoor and indoor pool - our 3 bedroom unit was very clean with a spectacular view of the gulf - the manager was great.

harrisburg, pa
Level Contributor
158 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SPI Gulf Front Hotel/Motel/Condo w/HEATED POOL!

Thanks to all posters. I spent a few days early in September at Seabreeze I -- NOT the same as Seabreeze resort. This is MUCH better. Nice pool, great staff. Beautiful condos. I found out that their outdoor pool is heated in the winter so I will be going back there for a few days between Christmas and New Years when I am in the Valley. By the way, for those interested, the Seabreeze I website is http://www.seabreeze1.com/

harrisburg, pa
Level Contributor
158 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SPI Gulf Front Hotel/Motel/Condo w/HEATED POOL!

One more thing - COASTLOVER is right on target re: the Bahia Mar. Overpriced and dirty-cheesy... if there is such a term!

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,776 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: SPI Gulf Front Hotel/Motel/Condo w/HEATED POOL!

Hi psuaq!

I remember that snow last Christmas Eve in the Valley, as I was driving to HEB on McColl near 107. Damn, about 9 PM, the snowflakes started falling fast. We stayed up until about 2 AM, and one of my family members build a little mini Snowman in the front yard! About 4 inches of snow on the cars in Edinburg. BTW, we'll be in the Valley this Xmas and plan a Padre trip after Xmas. Hope you find that heated pool! We will probably stay at the La Quinta and will jump in the water regardless of temp (easy to say NOW!) Enjoy....caddyshackman

P.S. There is lot's of great info from a local guy at www.spireviews.com

Get answers to your questions about South Padre Island