We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

familyspring break with young kids

louisville, ky
11 posts
Save Topic
familyspring break with young kids

Is Padre Island a family spring break place April 1-8 2006? If so,where to stay beachfront?

South Padre Island...
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: familyspring break with young kids

Hi,

Early April is still Spring Break time for college students, however the brunt of it is during March. Either way, many condos/beach houses on the Island do not rent out to Spring Breakers, so as far as deals and lodging accommodations, you'll be fine. Check out my SPI guide for more info: www.spireviews.com. You can email me if you have any further questions at: skunker@gmail.com

Port Isabel, Texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: familyspring break with young kids

its not beach front but you can not beat the folks at www.southbeachtexas.com or www.padrecondos.com

thanks

one stop wedding shop on South Padre Island Texas

www.southpadreweddings.com

Michigan
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: familyspring break with young kids

We visited South Padre Island last year for spring break the week after Easter. We stayed at Saida Towers. It's right next to the Radisson where the big spring break activities took place. The beach was packed - we caught the end of college spring break and the beginning of spring break. It just so happened with Easter being early - everyone's spring break was at the same time. Lots of kids who needed "supervision". Just a work of advice - the week before Easter is a Mexican Holiday - Semana Santa (Holy Week)- lots of folks from Mexico vacation there during that time and it is very crowded. We took 4 kids to South Padre - ages 8,12, 13, 14. Besides swimming in the ocean and pool, there wasn't a lot for them to do. Had a great time though - visited Mexico for the day. Let me inow if you need to know anything else. I probably wouldn't visit there again but had a nice time.

Michigan
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: familyspring break with young kids

Another comment - Saida Towers indicated that they did not rent out to spring breakers. That was not the case. However, security was pretty good but the kids were exposed to a lot of "improper" behavior.

Get answers to your questions about South Padre Island