We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Princess. Help I need your expertise please!

Which South Padre Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
McKinney, Texas
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Topic
Island Princess. Help I need your expertise please!

Hi guys, I have searched and searched for info on the Ocean Vista Towers condos and cannot find much. I am going through VRBO and probably will go ahead and book the condo, but would still like some info from an unbiased person. The pics of the condo we are booking are good - all is updated, has everything we want, but I can't seem to find out much on the condition of the complex itself.

Would love to know how the beach and ocean are in front of the condo and the condition of the common areas like the pool, grounds, elevators, etc....

Love TA, thanks in advance!

Arlington, Texas
Destination Expert
for South Padre Island
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Princess. Help I need your expertise please!

I am not islandprincess, but i will try to help. Have you looked at the pictures of the individual condos that service 24 has posted? That will give you an idea of what the interiors look like. This condo building is one of the older ones on the island, but it is very centrally located and the beach location is great. You won't be disappointed in that at all. I can't speak about the common areas, but they didn't get high ratings in 2007. That being said, after last year's hurricane, most buildings were forced to update somewhat, so maybe the Ocean Vista did too. Is there some way you can contact the owner of the condo itself and ask them? Good luck!

McKinney, Texas
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Princess. Help I need your expertise please!

What is service 24? Is that a website where I can look at the interior of different condos? From all the pictures provided the pool area looks nice. The owner says that it is well maintained, and she seems to be a nice trust worthy person, but obviously she wants to rent out her condo. How is the beach and ocean in front of that property? We were in SPI 2 years ago and stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree ocean front room. The room was clean but small, needed updating, uncomfortable beds, and A/C did not work as well as we would have liked. However..... the beach and ocean in front of the hotel was FABULOUS!!! I am hoping the same goes with the beach & ocean in front of the Ocean Vista Towers....

Let me know... Thanks for your help and looking forward to your reply

Arlington, Texas
Destination Expert
for South Padre Island
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Princess. Help I need your expertise please!

I just googled "ocean vista condos south padre island" and a bunch of links came up. One of them was from service 24 (a rental agency down there), and they have about 8 units with interior pictures they rent. The condo building fronts right on the beach, so your water and beach access will be great. You may have to provide your own chairs/umbrella..that varies from place to place. As with all the condos on SPI, they are individually owned so amenities can vary drastically. However, it has been my experience with VRBO, that they have pretty strict standards for their properties, so I would rest easy.

Have a great time! Wish I was going.

South Padre Island...
Level Contributor
200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Princess. Help I need your expertise please!

hey texasgirl2321~

my husband and i walk every evening on the beach. i will make it a point to check out the gulf side of ocean vista for you.

McKinney, Texas
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Island Princess. Help I need your expertise please!

Ranch Girl,

Thank you so much. Looking forward to getting your report.

6. Re: Island Princess. Help I need your expertise please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2009, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about South Padre Island