We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has Anyone Booked through Priceline for SPI?

Arlington, Texas
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Has Anyone Booked through Priceline for SPI?

I've been told to ask Trip Advisor first before booking through Priceline or Experian. Y'all would be able to tell me who better to name my price with:) Help me out. Is it worth the risk to name my price and book through priceline for SPI?

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has Anyone Booked through Priceline for SPI?

probably not. Most prices are already set. My guess is that there isn't even anything available on those sites.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has Anyone Booked through Priceline for SPI?

Here's the routine for me any time I use Priceline. First, I check Hotwire and get an idea of what they are charging. Lets say, 3-star $100. Then I go to Priceline and try 2/3 to 3/4 of the Hotwire price. Let's say $60 to begin with. Usually not accepted but once in a while - surprise! fantastic rate. Then personal preferences come into play. Prices are very time dependent, can I move my dates slightly? Location also affects price, can I move a little further away? Ultimately, it's a balancing act based on your needs.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Has Anyone Booked through Priceline for SPI?

Try VRBO.COM or Homeaway.com. You can rent a condo off of one of these sights for less than you can get a hotel room for usually.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,951 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has Anyone Booked through Priceline for SPI?

According to biddingfortravel.com these properties are available through Priceline's "name your own price.":

SOUTH PADRE ISLAND

3 Star

Holiday Inn Sunspree Resorts - South Padre (possible hotel; not reported yet but available through priceline's vacation product)

2 Star

Travelodge

La Quinta

Ramada Limited (rating unconfirmed)

According to betterbidding.com:

South Padre Island

2.5* La Copa Inn

2.5* La Quinta Inn

5. Re: Has Anyone Booked through Priceline for SPI?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about South Padre Island