We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Vacation

buffalo, mn
1 post
Save Topic
Family Vacation

I am thinking I must be nuts, planning a family RVing vacation to SPI March 18, 2005.(Last year over sring break went to Panama city FL, educating but not awlful)

Hopefully staying at the Isla Blanca Park! Any suggustions or advice anyone can offer me. (kids ages 13,12,8,2 and grandma):)

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Vacation

I have never been on the island during the month of March simply because of Spring Breakers.....but since no noe has replied to your post, here goes....

The IBP is nice and very close to the water, during this time of the year there will be MANY things you and your family can do, It will be hot, so be prepaired. I love to go exploring the dunes..... you never know what you will find. There is a water park called Schlitterbahn (sorry, german is not my first language) The kid-o's WILL LOVE IT. Check them out on the net @ www.schlitterbahn.com

Enjoy!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Vacation

Took the kids to South Padre Island last year for Spring Break (week after Easter) FYI - the water park does not open until the April timeframe. There wasn't much for the kids to do besides play on the beach. We hit the tail end of college spring break - high school spring break. The beaches were packed on Easter weekend. It is the end of the Mexican holiday Semana Santa - There were some unruley kids partying but nothing too extreme. Isla Blanca Park is away from the hub of spring break activity.

South Padre Island...
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Vacation

nlanie, check out this site: www.spireviews.com

4. Re: Family Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2006, 20:00
Get answers to your questions about South Padre Island