We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spi inFeb

Level Contributor
261 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Spi inFeb

We are thinking of spending a month in SPI In Feb. What is the weather like? Is the beach pet friendly? Is it a safe area? thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spi inFeb

I have not been at the Beach in February, but at Christmas, it can vary. The main concern I always have is always the wind. If you are block by a structure, it can be nice to sit outside.

The beaches inside and outside the city limits are Pet friendly, but all animals are required to be on a leash. The rules also require you to pick up after your animals including on the beach. It is not nice to just throw, some sand over the pile. Remember you might be the next person to walk there.

Level Contributor
261 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spi inFeb

Beachwaters, thanks! I just need warm weather as we are from Il. We agree all people need to pick up after your pets anywhere they go.

3. Re: Spi inFeb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2012, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about South Padre Island