We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid Friendly Condo/Resort in South Padre Island?

Elkhorn
1 post
Save Topic
Kid Friendly Condo/Resort in South Padre Island?

My family of 4 is planning a trip to SPI, 1st time, and want a condo/resort that is kid friendly (kid activities a bonus), nice pool area, and beach front. Any recommendations? Also, what can you expect, weather-wise, during the Christmas holiday time frame?

Arlington, Texas
Destination Expert
for South Padre Island
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid Friendly Condo/Resort in South Padre Island?

South Padre is a very family oriented place, but I highly doubt if any condo property has any organized kid activities available. There are no all inclusive venues on the island. Isla Grande Hotel has a very nice pool area and restaurant on site. The Sapphire is the newest condo building. There are many many condos on the island at varying price points.

You can never tell about the weather, but it won't be tropical. And the ocean will be too cold to get into (in my opinion). You will also need to look for a place with a heated pool. A few years ago, it actually snowed on Christmas, but that was a real fluke.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
186 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid Friendly Condo/Resort in South Padre Island?

My girls and I were there right after Christmas last year - highs were in the 70s - we played on the beach all day - I didn't get in the water - but there were many others who did.

There are many great condos on the beach - as mentioned above, I don't think there are any with organized activities - take a look at some of the rental sites like homeaway.com or vacationrentals.com - you should find some great prices - we stayed last year at a place with two bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen, beach umbrella, chairs, toys, etc.

Enjoy!

South Padre Island...
Level Contributor
138 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kid Friendly Condo/Resort in South Padre Island?

Schlitterbahn Resort is brand new. My husband and i went there a few weeks ago. It has an indoor waterpark, restaurants, and is on the beach. Even though we own a condo at the Embassy, and will not be staying there, we toured the rooms, ate at their rooftop restaurant, Sea 4 Ever. We love spending Dec-Jan at the SPI. The weather is mild and the restaurants offer great specials.

Other hotels offer outdoor pools, but none that have an indoor waterpark except this one.

If we didn't hAve our own condo, I would definitely stay At Schlitterbahn.

4. Re: Kid Friendly Condo/Resort in South Padre Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about South Padre Island