We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Garden Inn or Schlitterbahn Resort for Family

frisco, tx
Level Contributor
12 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Garden Inn or Schlitterbahn Resort for Family

My husband, 6-year old son, and I are traveling to South Padre Island for a few nights. I'm trying to decide on a hotel. I've narrowed it down to the Hilton Garden Inn and the Schlitterbahn Resort, and am trying to decide what reservation to keep and which one to cancel. I thought that the HGI would be nicer, but the Schlitterbahn resort would be more fun. A lot of the recent reviews for Schlitterbahn Resort are very positive. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
South Padre Island
South Padre Island
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort
Schlitterbahn Beach...
543 Reviews
South Padre Island, TX
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel
#5 of 32 hotels in South Padre Island
Isla Grand Beach Resort
Isla Grand Beach Resort
#6 of 32 hotels in South Padre Island
Sapphire Condominiums
Sapphire Condominiums
#14 of 32 hotels in South Padre Island
Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Garden Inn or Schlitterbahn Resort for Family

I have not stayed at either one, but on my last trip there, we walked down to the beach bar/restaurant that is part of the Schlitterbahn resort. It is 2 level and looks out on the ocean. we had dinner and drinks, both favorable. There were lots of families on the second level enjoying the view and open spaces. If I had a 6 year old, that is where I would stay.

Mentioned in this post
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort
Schlitterbahn Beach...
543 Reviews
South Padre Island, TX
Dallas
Level Contributor
193 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Garden Inn or Schlitterbahn Resort for Family

I just posted a glowing review of the HGI - we stayed for 5 nights over the 4th and loved it.

3. Re: Hilton Garden Inn or Schlitterbahn Resort for Family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 05:16