We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving items on the beach

St. Martinville...
Level Contributor
85 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving items on the beach

Hi. I was wondering if it was safe to leave personal items on the beach in front of teh condos? I don't mean money or anthing like that, but like towels, icechest, chairs & umbrellas? In Gulf Shores at the end of the day we just closed up our chairs and umbrellas and things and piled them up. The next day, everything was always there and we had our spot. A lot of people did this and no one seemed to have anything stolen. I just saved us a lot of lugging...Do people do this here?

Arlington, Texas
Destination Expert
for South Padre Island
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving items on the beach

Your stuff will be all right during the day, but at night everyone brings their belongings back in. I think there is an ordinance about leaving umbrellas, etc. up on the beach after sundown (at least on the more populated areas of the beach). You could probably leave your equipment outside on your condo property... every morning early a tractor with a big rake combs the beach to clean up seaweed, trash, etc.; that may be why no one leaves their towels, ice chests, etc.

St. Martinville...
Level Contributor
85 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving items on the beach

good to know, thanks linlo...

3. Re: Leaving items on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about South Padre Island