We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best places to stay for winter months

Hinsdale, N.Y.
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best places to stay for winter months

coming down for winter months nice place to rent

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best places to stay for winter months

You need to be more specific in your request. There are hundreds of condos for rent. How many bedrooms, heated pool, beach access, security? Rates are lower for the winter and there is usually a price break for long term rentals. You can check through VRBO and find a property that suits your needs. Or you can contact the property itself. I do know that Bridgepoint only rents through their office and not on VRBO. There are many, many Winter Texans in residence on the island during the cold months. They always look like they are having a ball!

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best places to stay for winter months

Hi, I contacted a couple of the major renting services about a long term rental and haven't received a reply, also posted on Craigslist and no replies. I want to rent nov-may, maybe owners block out some of those months for higher paying spring breakers?

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best places to stay for winter months

johne c, what kind of $$ are you looking to spend? Our condo building rents long term to winter Texans. Call Bridgepoint Resorts directly.

South Padre Island...
Level Contributor
151 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best places to stay for winter months

I would also try Padre Island Rentals. They have a wide variety of rentals and aim to please.

Foster, Rhode...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: best places to stay for winter months

Padre Island Rentals is the largest rental agency on Island and have rentals in all price ranges.

Illinois
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best places to stay for winter months

Vrbo, homeaway, SPI rentals very good. We were ALWAYS pleased.

South Padre Island...
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: best places to stay for winter months

Have you considered staying in a hotel instead? Below is a link to low monthly and weekly rates for the 3 top beach front hotels on South Padre Island. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Message me directly or email me at aaron@enjoyspi.com.

South Padre Island...
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: best places to stay for winter months

Have you considered staying in a hotel instead? Below is a link to low monthly and weekly rates for the 3 top beach front hotels on South Padre Island. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Message me directly or email me at aaron@enjoyspi.com. http://bit.ly/WinterTexan

9. Re: best places to stay for winter months

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about South Padre Island