We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to South Padre Island via TX 100 through Los Fresnos

Kansas City...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel to South Padre Island via TX 100 through Los Fresnos

Warning:

While driving to South Padre Island, I drove through Los Fresnos. They must have had the entire police force out that day pulling over drivers. I was one of the drivers that got pulled over, but not for speeding. I was pulled over because my rental car had an expired inspection. Rather than issuing a warning, I was issued a ticket. So, it was on my record to clear up an inspection that has expired two days prior on a car that I didn't own.

I would like to know the amount of money this town gets from tickets vs. the overall budget of this town. If you are visiting South Padre Island, I would choose a route that doesn't go through this town. This town has a reputation of being a speed trap town and they live up to it.

Safe Travels.

Arlington, Texas
Destination Expert
for South Padre Island
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to South Padre Island via TX 100 through Los Fresnos

Sorry you fell victim to the hyper vigilant Los Fresnos policia. Somewhere back in the posts about driving to South Padre are many warnings about this speed trap. There are cops on every corner and it is what keeps this town alive. Be warned, my friends.

And the rental company should take care of that ticket.

Kansas City...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to South Padre Island via TX 100 through Los Fresnos

The rental car company took care of the ticket and didn't charge me anything for the car rental. They were pretty good about the whole deal. However, dealing with the Los Fresnos court on the phone to make sure the ticket was cleared was a huge pain. Another reason to avoid this town.

3. Re: Travel to South Padre Island via TX 100 through Los Fresnos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about South Padre Island