We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moving to texas city

allyn,wa
9 posts
Save Topic
moving to texas city

I am thinking about moving to texas city and would like some information, can anyone fill me in on what texas city is like?

Texas City, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: moving to texas city

I moved to Texas City a little of two years ago. Good paying jobs are hard to come by unless you have exp. in the pertroleum industry. Retail and restaurant jobs are plenty. The housing market is good, as the home building industry hasnt seemed to slow down in Texas yet, although without a good paying job - its hard to pay a mortgage. Rents run in the 500-700 range although there are some complexes that are income controlled. Galveston Island is about a 20 min. drive. Houston is about 30-60 mins. depending on where your going and the time of day. I personally dont think the crime rate is high in Texas City, however, Houston has a pretty high crime rate. Great things to do in Houston and Galveston. Not a whole lot to do in Texas City.

2. Re: moving to texas city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Texas City