We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in The Woodlands

Budapest
3 posts
Save Topic
Holiday in The Woodlands

Hello everybody!

I'll go to the Woodlands in this summer for 2 mounth. I'd like to ask some opinion about what will can I do in my free times there? Are there any internet points? If yes, where?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day for everybody!

Marianna

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,329 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday in The Woodlands

There is plenty to keep you busy in The Woodlands with dining, shopping, movie theaters and bookstores. There is also the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion for all kinds of live shows

Some website to look at for more information are:

www.town-center.com and www.pavilion.woodlandscenter.org.

About 45 minutes to an hours drive south are the museums in Houston. Every type of museum is there, too.

Welcome to the Houston area!

Mentioned in this post
Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Cynthia Woods Mitchell...
531 Reviews
The Woodlands, TX
Budapest
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday in The Woodlands

Thanks for the good webside adress and also the wish!

And can you say to me that are there any places where there are usually some concerts. I think about pop or rock concerts.

Thanks again!

ps: Sorry for my english wich isn't perfect.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,329 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday in The Woodlands

There are always rock or pop concerts going on either in Houston or the Cynthis Woods Mitchell Pavilion (CWMP). The pavilion website above will list the concerts there and for Houston, there a many places that you could go to.

I am a country music fan, but if you let me know some of your favorite artists, I'll check to see if anyone will be performing while you are here.

You mentioned in your first post about internet points, which I believe you are talking about internet access? Your hotel will probably have them, otherwise I think Starbucks coffee and Barnes and Noble bookstores have them. Both of these places can be found in The Woodlands.

I think you are doing fine with your english! I once heard that the englist language was the hardest to learn.

Budapest
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday in The Woodlands

Thanks the much informations, I'm so thankful for it.

Yes, yes, I thought about the internet access, because surely I'll need it. I won't stay in the hotel, I'll go to my relatives, whose invite there for a long holiday. And they don't have pc and also internet (they aren't young). The most important the pc, because surely I'll make many and many pictures, and I'll need to download them somewhere. Ok, surely my relatives have much friends who have pc with internet connection, but I don't want to ask, because also this is too much and very lovely that they invite me there.

Some of my favourite group and singers are: Nelly Furtado, Madonna, Bryan Adams, Green Day, My chemical romance, Avril Lavigne, Kelly Clarkson....(ok, my favourite is the Roxette, but they surely don't do concerts nowdays :( )

Once, 9 years before I was in The Woodlands, but in all conscience much things has changed. But I want to say to you that it's a wonderful place!

Have a nice day!

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,329 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday in The Woodlands

Out of all the musicians you listed, the only thing I found in the area was for Nelly Furtado, June 17 in Grand Prairie. This is near Dallas, Texas about a 3 1/2 hour drive north of The Woodlands.

Mentioned in this post
Dallas
Dallas
Texas
6. Re: Holiday in The Woodlands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 22:19
Get answers to your questions about The Woodlands