We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kingwood texas or woodlands?

Manorville
2 posts
Save Topic
kingwood texas or woodlands?

hi my husband is being transferred to iab airport in spring have 3 kids 11 10 5 would like to no if kingwood area is comporable to woodlands we were there last week and saw both sooo coonfused looking for safe good schools and family friendly we are coming from long island nedd help do not no where to buy home thanks sue

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kingwood texas or woodlands?

I think The Woodlands is nicer. The mall area is nicer too.

Deerbrook Mall over towards Kingwood, is getting really scary.

The drive from either is easy to IAH.

If you don't need a master planned community, there are lots of good neighborhoods in Spring and Klein also.

Welcome to Houston!!

Mentioned in this post
The Woodlands Resort
The Woodlands Resort
1,508 Reviews
The Woodlands, TX
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Manorville
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: kingwood texas or woodlands?

thanks for the info we looked in the woodlands and are considering it hoa dues are a little highand taxes too. what area in spring is good if you no we looked a little there but we had no idea about anything thanks so much sue ny

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kingwood texas or woodlands?

There is alot of new construction on FM2920/Spring Cypress, west of I-45. If you go further west, you run into the Klein area, which is also nice. There are also alot of older homes, if you want a larger yard, home and mature trees.

My husband used to work at IAH, and from our house, it was a straight shot down the Hardy Toll Road, and took about 15 minutes.

The taxes may be higher in Spring, since we are in Harris County, but not sure since Montgomery County has continued to grow.

Look at har.com under find a home, in the "neighborhood search" look for these neighborhoods for some ideas..

North Hill Estates, Spring Lakes, Hannover Forest, Enchanted Oaks, Bridgestone, Devonshire Woods to get you started.

Mentioned in this post
George Bush Intercontinental Airport
George Bush...
Houston, TX
magnolia/woodlands
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: kingwood texas or woodlands?

kingwood was really nice years ago, but nowadays, compared to the woodlands, it's like a trailer park, on houstons north side.

magnolia/woodlands
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: kingwood texas or woodlands?

you would certainly do better in magnolia schools, your taxes are lower it's montgomery county, why you would consider living in the woodlands or kingwood is beyond me, look into houses for sale in woodlane forest subdivision, westwood estates there is westwood north, westwood east ,westwood south, and many more subdivisions west of interstate 45 on FM 1488 MAGNOLIA EXIT go westbound approx 7 miles and there are beautyful homes in every price range the cross road you want is FM 2978 (FM MEANS FARM TO MARKET) a good place for you to start sue is a realtor, no i'm not a realtor, but you'de do much better by your kids was you to consider MAGNOLIA schools, my daughter went all here school years here, and @ 19 she's a step away from sergeant in the navy, she took 4 yrs rotc in high school. the schools are great here sue as a concerned parent myself, i would'nt change my mind about where she went to school, not my only child...good luck ma'am

Mentioned in this post
Magnolia Hotel Houston
Magnolia Hotel Houston
2,894 Reviews
Houston, TX
magnolia/woodlands
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: kingwood texas or woodlands?

you would certainly do better in magnolia schools, your taxes are lower it's montgomery county, why you would consider living in the woodlands or kingwood is beyond me, look into houses for sale in woodlane forest subdivision, westwood estates there is westwood north, westwood east ,westwood south, and many more subdivisions west of interstate 45 on FM 1488 MAGNOLIA EXIT go westbound approx 7 miles and there are beautyful homes in every price range the cross road you want is FM 2978 (FM MEANS FARM TO MARKET) a good place for you to start sue is a realtor, no i'm not a realtor, but you'de do much better by your kids was you to consider MAGNOLIA schools, my daughter went all here school years here, and @ 19 she's a step away from sergeant in the navy, she took 4 yrs rotc in high school. the schools are great here sue as a concerned parent myself, i would'nt change my mind about where she went to school, not my only child...good luck ma'am

Mentioned in this post
Magnolia Hotel Houston
Magnolia Hotel Houston
2,894 Reviews
Houston, TX
Montgomery County...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: kingwood texas or woodlands?

Hello There,

The Woodlands is a very desirable place for relocators into the Houston area. Spring, Magnolia and Conroe are also really nice places to reside. The Woodlands does have higher HOA dues, but it is still located in Montgomery County. Montgomery County has the lowest tax rates in the state of Texas. If you would like to look at homes in Montgomery County, please go to our website at www.MontgomeryCountyLiving.com. I assist lots of families with there move here would be glad to show you homes in any area if you haven't yet made a decision on a home.

Tiffany Dalton

Mentioned in this post
The Woodlands Resort
The Woodlands Resort
1,508 Reviews
The Woodlands, TX
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Magnolia Hotel Houston
Magnolia Hotel Houston
2,894 Reviews
Houston, TX
Conroe
Conroe
Texas
Texas
Texas
United States
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: kingwood texas or woodlands?

I would highly suggest The Woodlands I have lived there my whole life and gone to many of the schools wich are all wonderful schools, with great teachers that highly value education. I love The Woodlands there is always something to do, somewhere to go, somewhere to eat and I love the people here. Magnolia is good too I have friends and family that live there, but it is not very developed yet so there is alot more to do in the Woodlands. Just my opinion, hope it helped.

-JessicaN.

Mentioned in this post
The Woodlands Resort
The Woodlands Resort
1,508 Reviews
The Woodlands, TX
Magnolia Hotel Houston
Magnolia Hotel Houston
2,894 Reviews
Houston, TX
Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: kingwood texas or woodlands?

Kingwood is superior to the Woodlands regarding relaxing quality of life. Many more custom homes than the Woodlands. Their are parts of the Woodlands that are very trailer park.

Mentioned in this post
The Woodlands Resort
The Woodlands Resort
1,508 Reviews
The Woodlands, TX
Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: kingwood texas or woodlands?

Check it out at Kingwoodonline.com

Get answers to your questions about The Woodlands