We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Trip to Shreveport

Which Waco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio
Level Contributor
571 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Road Trip to Shreveport

We are acturally driving from San Antonio, but whats the best route to take? We may leave around 6pm and drive all the way o stop somewhere late for a motel.

McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
606 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Trip to Shreveport

I hope poodleone responds to this too... she'd be a good one to give her two cents on this...

Normally I'm a bigtime back-roads driver, but in this case I'd stick with I-35 to I-20 in Dallas. You won't be travelling at peak traffic times, and I feel you'd make better time. Plus you'd be able to stop at the drop of a hat for coffee or restrooms rather than driving through small towns on a very, very, very dark road.

Shreveport is about 4.5 hours from Waco. I'm not sure if I think you should push through and get to Shreveport or stop along the way. In my younger days, travelling for a fun weekend with a bunch of friends, I would have grabbed some dinner and caffeine in Waco and pushed through. Now, I'd probably get a little farther than Waco (maybe as far as Dallas) and then get a fresh start in the morning.

I am so unhelpful... sorry. :) I do suggest the Czech Stop in West though, for caffeine and sugar. ;)

2. Re: Road Trip to Shreveport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 09:23
Get answers to your questions about Waco
Recent Conversations
More Waco Topics