We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waco attractions

texas
1 post
Save Topic
Waco attractions

I singed up for this to see all the attractions in Waco,

there is only one listed. Dr Pepper.

Can't you give more information than this?

bluebonet

Austin, TX.
Level Contributor
4,889 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waco attractions

The Texas Ranger Museum is very cool, just south of the river on the east frontage road of I-35. Lion's Park is neat for little kids, with a Kiddie Park and Putt-Putt golf course. Elite Cafe and George's for burgers and CFS. That's about all I can think of.

TX
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Waco attractions

Have you ever been to Homestead Heritage? It is a pretty much a must see, kinda historical I guess, the way people used to do things, blacksniths, potters, weavers, stone oven bread baker thing - good sandwiches. Also the fish hatchery in Fort Fisher is supposed to be cool, not far from Waco. Of course Lake Waco and Lake Whitney are fun spots, too.

Dallas, TX
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waco attractions

If you enjoy sports, then the Texas Sports Hall of Fame is very interesting. (especially if you are a Tom Landry/Cowboys fan)

Waco, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Waco attractions

This has nothing to do with attractions, but if you're in Waco, you must check out Bush's Chicked and get an ice cold 32 oz. sweet tea for 50 cents (including tax) They are awesome!!!!!! Who disagrees?????

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Waco attractions

You could also check out the Earle-Harrison House. Its a beautiful historical home that has been preserved from the 1800's Civil War era. The grounds are well maintained and the visit will be a great history lesson!

There is also Cameron Park and the Cameron Park Zoo. Cameron Park is right along the Brazos River and there are also a few small hills and small cliffs, providing for some great scenic views.

And don't forget the Suspension Bridge...also a nice attraction to check out.

If you like museums, you could also visit the Discovery Center on the campus of Baylor University.

A campus tour of Baylor University is another option.

waco , texas
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waco attractions

Please don't miss the Cameron Park Zoo. We have recently moved to Waco, and I am not a big fan of zoos, but this is such a nice place to visit and very affordable too. The zoo has been heavily planted with aromatic trees and bushes, so it actually smells good, not zoo-ish!

Waco, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Waco attractions

Ok, I will cover the attractions that were missed in these posts: the Waco Water Park, the beautiful Waco Wetlands, five historic homes, Heritage Square, Red Men Museum, Masonic Grand Lodge (yes there is an amazing museum there!), Baylor University, Armstrong Browning Library, Mayborn Museum Complex (another poster called this the Discovery Center, but that is just part of this huge and amazing museum), River Bend Park, Baylor University Bear Plaza, and several great golf courses. Almost forgot - Waco Regional Tennis & Fitness Area.

Someone else mentioned Cameron Park - this park is so beautiful, 400+ acres of limestone cliffs, hiking and biking trails, you must go see it. Drive down Martin Luther King Drive, across from the park, to get some of the best views from a car. (Better yet, hike it!)

Lake Waco is also very close to town and affords some beautiful views as you drive down Lakeshore Drive.

McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
644 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waco attractions

Way to go waco_expert!

Also, if you're willing to drive a little bit, there's the Carleen Bright Arboretum in Woodway. Don't forget how close good ol' Crawford (Western White House) really is. And there's always the Glen Rose Dinosaur park (to see real dinosaur footprints) and Fossil Rim. My kids even like driving out Hwy 6 to Dublin to see the Dr. Pepper bottling plant (well, I think they just like the Dr. Pepper still made with real sugar).

9. Re: Waco attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Waco
More Waco Topics