We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

something Romantic in waco

Which Waco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
something Romantic in waco

What is something romantic to do in Waco Texas?

McGregor, TX
Level Contributor
620 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: something Romantic in waco

For dinner? For a weekend?

For dinner, I'd recommend The Northwood Inn (make reservations). It's a little pricey, but one of the best restaurants in town (IMO). It's a small, quiet atmosphere in a relaxed setting with excellent service, reminiscent of the Grey Moss Inn in San Antonio if you've ever been there. www.the-northwood-inn.com

Diamond Back's is always nice for a good meal, although it's crowded.

There are several B&B's here... none that I've personally stayed in but if you're interested I'll ask my friends who HAVE stayed in them. There's one that I've heard people oooh and aaaah over called the Judge Baylor House (www.judgebaylorhouse.com) and there's the Brazos House which is a B&B also... I've been to private parties there and it was a nice setting.

The Spa at Canyon Oaks is very nice and offers "day spa for two" type packages. They advertise B&B also. www.TheSpaAtCanyonOaks.com.

Do any of these help? If you tell me more of what you like I can help more. Not that my hubby and I ever DO any of these things...LOL

Texas
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: something Romantic in waco

I know this is a old post but for a romantic time in waco your should have tried Lake Brazos Steak House. It's not nearly expensive as the Norwood Inn or Diamondbacks. The food is better at Lake Brazos and it'S on the river. Also they have a real 72 passenger paddle driven paddle boat which will take you up and down the Brazos river for an hour for $5 per. The river tour is cool because you get to see Camron park which is the second largest intercity park in the U.S.. There is a Bar which seats 65 that has tv's for the sports fans, main dinning a party room and outside deck which is right on the river and dock. Most people haven't heard of it because it is a local hangout formally known as Miller Family Steak House. The owner now worked at this steak house for ever since he was 15. The next time your in Waco try it i promise you'll love it.

3. Re: something Romantic in waco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Waco
More Waco Topics