We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Many Days in Wimberly and Surrounding Area?

Red Lion, PA
Level Contributor
37 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
How Many Days in Wimberly and Surrounding Area?

We'll be in Dripping Springs for a wedding next spring and are planning to stay in Wimberly. I've seen lots of things to do such as wineries, zip lining, shops, glass blowing, and visiting an olive grove. We'd also like to visit Lady Bird Johnson's Wildflower garden, and take a drive or two. How many days is reasonable to do the activities listed above plus have some down time at our B&B? We're not city folks so we're not planning on spending time in Austin unless there is really something there that you think "we just have to see." Thanks for your input.

4 replies to this topic
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Many Days in Wimberly and Surrounding Area?

RoseDew,

You can probably do most of those shops in Wimberly, see the glass blower and visit a winery in one day. There are a lot of really nice drives in the area and other small towns as well. Spring is absolutely beautiful in the Hill Country and we often take trips to that area during that time of year. we generally take 3 days sometimes 4 when we go, but we also aren't so far away that we can't make it back at any time. It is a laid back area so don't get in a hurry and stop and take photos of the wildflowers. You'll also get a chance when you visit Lady Bird's legacy.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,827 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Many Days in Wimberly and Surrounding Area?

www.texashighways.com articles... events by region/check closer to your visit

if it is the first SAT of the month. Wimb. Lions Club has a big market days

visit Gruene TX...

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Many Days in Wimberly and Surrounding Area?

Lockhart is a pleasant drive, a short distance east of I-35. There, you will find some of the best BBQ TX has to offer. Smitty's is my choice, but Kreuz Market & Black's BBQ have a devoted following. Definitely not citified. At Smitty's, BBQ is served on butcher paper and you eat with the utensils God gave you! Go early in the day as they tend to run out of meats as the afternoon progresses.

Edited: 05 October 2013, 23:18
Red Lion, PA
Level Contributor
37 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Many Days in Wimberly and Surrounding Area?

Thanks to everyone for your input. It's always great to hear from locals. I think if we arrive on a Friday afternoon, have a free Saturday, wedding on Sunday, free Monday, and fly back to PA on Tuesday we'll be able to enjoy quite a bit of the local area. If any of you think I need to add an extra day, just let me know.

Reply to: How Many Days in Wimberly and Surrounding Area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wimberley