We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brian Head in October

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
755 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Brian Head in October

We are planning to visit Brian Head in the second half of October. We would like to make visits to Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. Will it still be allright to drive around or will there be too much snow?

ontario ny
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brian Head in October

I'm not an expert on Brian Head but we visited there 3 weeks ago and they had 4-8 feet on the ground and snowmobiling to cedar breaks was great.

The company we snowmobiled with is called brian head adventures.

www.brian-head-adventures.com

I don't know what you want to do or see in Brian Head but the drive is supposed to be nice through Cedar Breaks National Monument ( CBNM) and down route 148. I would call (or send an e-mail) these guys and mention going for a ATV ride with them just to get a conversation going and ask about the snow and other recomendations for that area . You can also look at National Park Service (NPS) web site and get info there.

From looking at historical snow depths from the snotel website the snow depth is minimal at that time of year.

www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/Utah/utah.html

The snotel site is run by the government to track snow pack and or water available during spring and summer melt. If you get to this site for utah snotel go to lower left hand corner and click on the Webster flat (853), Midway valley (626) or castle valley (390) small blue circle ( these are around brian head ) and you can see current snow depth and historical snow depth for the last few years.

Have Fun,

Fisherray

Edited: 17 April 2010, 20:36
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,915 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brian Head in October

this thread may be helpful for brianhead

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g56941-i5092-k3097…

Edited: 17 April 2010, 23:51
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,512 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brian Head in October

Are you staying in Brian Head or visiting Brian Head?Its not really very convienient to either park,and will involve some driving.Normally best to stay near each park if possible.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,247 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brian Head in October

I'm going to guess that you're trading into a timeshare resort, since Brian Head has several. But I'll agree with dez40, this is not the best way to visit the parks. The drive to both Bryce and Zion will take over an hour each way. That means 2 hours plus of just commuting to the parks. Since sunrise, sunset and even the night skies are a large part of visiting the parks, staying at BH will make that pretty hard.

If visiting the parks is your priority, you'll be better off staying closer to the parks and moving between the two. Stay in Springdale for Zion and at Rubys Inn for Bryce.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
755 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brian Head in October

Thanks for all your replies. Yes, RedRox - by the way we love Sedona! - you are right. We are thinking of trading a timeshare week in Brian Head. However, it might be an idea to stay one night near one of the parks to see the sunset and sunrise.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,247 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brian Head in October

Night skies at Bryce are magical.

7. Re: Brian Head in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Brian Head