We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bryce Dining options

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
262 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Bryce Dining options

We have 2 nights in Bryce coming up in August. Was planning on picnics for lunches - Is there anywhere to get supplies. What would you suggest for evening? We are 3 adults and 2 teenagers. Are breakfast available early??? Is there a starbucks? Staying at Best Western. But still aslo have booking for Ruby's as I'm still sitting on the fence as to which accom I should go with. WHich has the best outdoor Pool area?

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bryce Dining options

There is a general store in the park (not too far from the lodge) where you can get supplies and I think sandwiches for a picnic. I'm not sure what there is outside the park, but I bet there has to be something in/raound Rubies wher eyou can get picnic supplies or sandwiches.

Here's a link to a list of places to each outside the park:

brycecanyoncountry.com/dining/brycecanyonare…

The link above lists a Subway, so you could get coldcut sandwiches for a picnic there, I reckon. Not sure if this is comprehenisive, but it is a good starting point. There is also dining at the lodge in the park (B, L, D).

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
472 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bryce Dining options

We just returned from Bryce on Thursday.

There's a large general store that stocks lots of groceries at Ruby's. We bought frozen entrees there that we heated in the micro in our room at BW Grand. Very nice facility that has a HUGE hot breakfast. It opens at 6:30 AM. The pool looked very nice, but we didn't use it because the wind was blowing 60 MPH!

Subway is really good. More expensive than most Subways but less expensive by far than the restaurant at Ruby's. There's a fast food place at Ruby's too, but it gets mediocre reviews.

Didn't see a Starbuck's, but Seattle's Best is available at Ruby's.

As far as which hotel is the best, depends on your likes. Grand is much less frenzied that Ruby's, and it's directly across the road. We walked back and forth several times. We really liked the Grand. Nicely decorated, quiet, clean, large rooms, and, well, Grand! But Ruby's is fun.

There's also a rodeo and a cowboy barbecue show in the evenings. Both are available regardless of which hotel you use.

Have a great trip.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tempe
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bryce Dining options

It's been a couple of years since we've been there, but we enjoyed dinner at the park lodge. If I remember correctly, the general store at the campground in the park had a deli counter with limited offerings - pizza and hot dogs...

Merritt Island...
Level Contributor
236 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bryce Dining options

We are just back from there and really enjoyed our meal at the Lodge. It was on the expensive side but VERY good food. It was nice to sit down and have a nice quiet meal. Also, I really enjoyed the lodge's gift shop. We stayed at the Grand and it was just as everyone describes. We only spent one night so we didn't get to use the pool.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bryce Dining options

The Park Lodge is very good for dinner.

I would coordinate my dinner reservation with an evening sunset and/or ranger program after dinner. This will be terrific.

nps.gov/brca/…outdooractivities.htm

You may even get lucky and be there for the full moon hike = August 12-14!

Edited: 14 June 2011, 01:08
Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
262 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bryce Dining options

StrandsDanvil - Thanks for the info - we just miss the full moon hike we will be there 7,8,9, August. 12-14th will be in Grand Canyon.

7. Re: Bryce Dining options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 02:18