We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gary Goes Gump film now online

Hendersonville, NC
Level Contributor
693 posts
Save Topic
Gary Goes Gump film now online

Hello friends,

Wow, haven't been on TripAdvisor at all lately, and seems so strange to see the thread "Meet-Up in Escalante" after seeing "Moab" for so long. Don't think I could make this year's, which is a shame, because of all the places I visited on my six-week journey, two places stood out as the ones I'd most like to visit and spend more time in: Yellowstone, and the stretch on Highway 12 from Escalante to Torrey. That was truly a magical day.

Anyway, we had the big screening of Gary Goes Gump last Tuesday and it was a magical night at the brewery. Good beer, good food, great energy from a sold-out crowd, and great response to the film, which my producer and I worked on for six months. And we raised almost $1,000 for the Humane Society. I'm sure you'll recognize a lot of the scenes in the film. Here it is:

http://video.blueridgenow.com/

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,871 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gary Goes Gump film now online

Loved it,, beautiful, funny, inspiring, and just plain fun. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,329 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gary Goes Gump film now online

Bravo! Oscar! Oscar!

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,518 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gary Goes Gump film now online

That was very cool. Really enjoyed watching that. Love the picture from in front of the Anheuser Busch plant!

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gary Goes Gump film now online

Well done. Very entertaining. Thanks for sharing.

Hendersonville, NC
Level Contributor
693 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gary Goes Gump film now online

Thanks so much for the very nice comments. As someone who is pretty private and reserved, it was pretty risky putting myself out there like that, so comments like these is music to my ears. Glad you liked it.

Hope you're all well. Cheers

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,530 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gary Goes Gump film now online

Absolutely loved every minute of it! What an accomplishment for you...to finish what you set out to do....BRAVO!!!

Thanks for sharing this with us and we will miss you in Oct!!

SJG

Exit #1 NJ Turnpike
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gary Goes Gump film now online

I'm in awe!!! The scenic back drops, the many people that you got to meet, and all the other experiences that come with a trip like that, just beautiful !!!

Your film documenting all of it, along with adding a little humor, just draws the viewer into your adventure. Excellent job of filming and editing.

Did I mention inspiring!! I watched the film twice and told South Jersey Girl that when I retire, her and I are going to take our trip of a life time. I even gave it a title "50 States in 5 Months". That gives me a minimum of year and a half to a max of three and a half years to plan it all out. The Blue Ridge Parkway and a side trip to Hendersonville, will definitely be added, so we can possibly raise a few cold ones together, again. Let the planning begin!!

Here's hoping some of your other plans in life are coming together and hopefully we get to talk at another "Meet Up" prior to my trip of a Life Time. Thanks for putting your adventure out there to inspire others to get out and see some of the beautiful areas America has to offer.

Hendersonville, NC
Level Contributor
693 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gary Goes Gump film now online

Thanks so much, SJGIRLS-DH, for such a flattering and generous note. I really appreciate that, and am so glad you liked the film. By the way, not to make you sit through a 23-minute video again, but there is now a much higher-resolution version of the film on YouTube, so the scenery is much, much clearer and the scenic footage of some of the places I went to more distinct (as is my hideous Forrest Gump buzz-cut). Just search Gary Goes Gump on YouTube and you'll see it. It's the version that's broken into four parts.

Wow, 50 states in five months - now THAT'S a road trip! Think of all the breweries you can hit .... :-) ... I'll be sure to hold a few spots at the bar here when you guys arrive.

Hope you - and everyone else here - had a great weekend. Cheers.

P.S. I miss Utah!

Grand Junction...
Destination Expert
for Bluff
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gary Goes Gump film now online

Gary>> what I was able to watch was great. I couldn't watch part 2 on you tube because my iPad doesn't have flash. I will watch it from my lap top. You really had an amazing trip .

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gary Goes Gump film now online

Wonderful! Truly enjoyed watching, with all the beautiful scenes and humor injected. Thank you. OH, I love John Denver music too! :)