We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to stay at best friends or not?

Which Kanab hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
399 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
to stay at best friends or not?

How far (in time) is the drive from Best Friends Sanctuary into town?

We would love to stay at the Sanctuary but are thinking of maybe staying in the area for 5 nights, and are wondering if it will be a pain to drive into town for dinner each night.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,770 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: to stay at best friends or not?

That's news, that you can stay there...

Well the way I look at it you can either stay in Kanab and drive into the sanctuary everyday

or you can stay at the sanctuary and drive into town for food.

Right?

So you are driving either way. In Kanab you would have some activities, at the sanctuary you would have some quiet.

And I didn't think the drive was too bad, but then I wasn't doing it twice every day.

toronto
Level Contributor
399 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: to stay at best friends or not?

Well we actually wouldn't spend all 5 days during the day at Best Friends. We would probably spend 1 full day, or a couple of half days volunteering with the animals, but we also plan to do a lot of other sightseeing in the area (zion, bryce, north rim, antelope canyon, staircase).

Do you have an idea of how long the drive is in and out of town? Like are walking 10 minutes or half an hour kind of thing?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,770 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: to stay at best friends or not?

It's 6.5 miles, 5 miles on the highway, so probably more like 10- 15 minutes

shaunavon sask
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: to stay at best friends or not?

I am a bit upset because we didn't realize that this place even existed when we went through.It would have been a great stop on 3200 mile drive.Been through that area twice and will definatly check it out next trip.

5. Re: to stay at best friends or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 22:18