We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where is the prettiest town on utah

Which Logan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
las vegas
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where is the prettiest town on utah

we want to spend august in the prettiest town in utah. Does anyone have any suggestions? I posted on the Logan forum bexause some say that logan is so beautiful. Thanx

Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where is the prettiest town on utah

Please define "prettiest town" - is the town itself, the buildings, parks etc that you are interested in or does the surrounding scenery count too?

If the latter I nominate my home town, Torrey. It won't win any awards for architecture or civic facilities though it is pleasant, but it's hard to beat the scenery. Warning: it's very quiet!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,709 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where is the prettiest town on utah

I'd agree, pretty is very subjective. In August I might like Midway, Kamas, Garden City, Spring City, Manti, or Huntsville, though other times of the year I might include Kanab, Torrey would work, Moab, or Springdale. I'm not sure Logan would ever be on my list though it is nice enough.

las vegas
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: where is the prettiest town on utah

I guess. by pretty i mean the scenery but also the charming town setting also. I have never heard of torry, I will investigate. We like heber and midway but the town of heber seems so conjested and such a truck area. Ha anyone ever been to the uinta basin? Someone said that was nice?

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where is the prettiest town on utah

Kamas would be on the edge of the Uintah Basin, and yes the Uintah Basin is a beautiful area but not a town perse. It includes Mirror Lake and a host of other smaller alpine lakes, so if you like to hike that would be a great place away from the heat of the cities in August.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
293 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where is the prettiest town on utah

Oh, you're opening a can of worms when you ask that! :-) Everybody's got their own ideas and opinions on what the prettiest town in Utah is. I don't think I could settle on just one, but in northern Utah in addition to Midway I'd add that Brigham City and Springville are charming. I DEFINITELY could name some towns that would NOT be on the list of prettiest but I'll remain silent on that to avoid offending anyone.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
14,246 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where is the prettiest town on utah

If you have a month to spend, why not divide it among several places? You can have a variety of experiences and then decide for yourself where you want to spend a whole month the next time.

Go to Logan first since it's in the north, stay awhile, maybe enjoy Bear Lake, and work your way down. Ogden, Layton, and Bountiful are not terribly exciting, although Ogden as a historic town might interest you for a day or two. I wouldn't call it "pretty."

Spend a few days in Salt Lake, then head for the hills. You have time to go up toward Coalville, a very rural area that is different from the urbanized Wasatch Front or the desert in the south. Come back through Park City bypassing the southern Wasatch Front, which is full of other fairly bland towns.

South of Provo, get onto Hwy 89, explore a few of the backroads around Mt. Nebo, and visit some of the national and state parks. Either 89 or I-70 if you wish will take you to parks. I-70 goes to Moab and will also move you farther from your starting point in Las Vegas. Along 89, there are quiet little towns where you could stay, like Marysvale, Circleville, Panquitch, Orderville, or Glendale. Butch Cassidy country is around this area, which is a combination of mountainous and agricultural.

With a month, you could pick a few places to settle in for several days at a time, and see and do different things, have a variety of food to pick from, etc.

If you have your mind made up to stay in one place, decide what kind of experience you really want, and whether you really want it for the entire month. For rural, green, and quiet, I'd probably pick somewhere along 89. Between the I-15 Spanish Fork junction and Salina, it's partly agricultural and usually pretty green. For desert, I'd go south of Marysvale (or Delta in the west desert, if you really love desert and don't want a lot of distracting green stuff around). To be right in the midst of the parks, Panguitch southward, where the topography, colors, etc. will start to look different.

If you choose 89, you can take the scenic route home through the Arizona Strip, visit Hildale and Colorado City just so you can say you've been there, and connect back with I-15 via Hurri

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
14,246 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where is the prettiest town on utah

I didn't finish the sentence. That last town is Hurricane.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,856 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where is the prettiest town on utah

The prettiest town I have been in, in Utah is Moab! That said, I have not been in too many places in Utah as an adult!

Love the Moab area with Arches and Canyonlands National Park.

August probably is not the month to spend there, kind of hot!!!! LOL!

las vegas
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: where is the prettiest town on utah

we have are heart set on a beautiful green place. No desert! torrey is too southern utah for us. any help?

Tampa
Level Contributor
235 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where is the prettiest town on utah

We think Springdale is amazing. Sits at the entrance of Zion NP and it's canyons. Great places to eat and a neat galleries and artist shops.