We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenic drive from Ephraim to Huntington

Arlington Heights...
Level Contributor
54 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Scenic drive from Ephraim to Huntington

We would like to know which would be the preferred scenic drive from Ephraim to Huntington. Route 89 North to Route 31 East, or Route 29 East to Route 10 North? Our destinations from Huntington will be Price, Green River and Moab.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,029 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scenic drive from Ephraim to Huntington

I'm not looking at a map, but I' m assuming you are talking about Ephraim, or Fairview canyons and going down Huntington canyon.

Last we knew they were still dirt. So my hubby said go the one better maintained, which would probably be fairview as it has more cabins.

What you might consider is goong up ephraim ca?yon (it would be the road heading east from ephraim.) Then go north on Skyline drive - not a numbered road that i know about- then head down Huntington canyon--whichever road it is that ends there. Skyline dr is very scenic.

Bottom line either canyon would be nice.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,029 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scenic drive from Ephraim to Huntington

sorry about the typos doing this from my phone.

Edited: 26 July 2010, 02:44
Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scenic drive from Ephraim to Huntington

I drove Route 29 from Ephraim to Orangeville a couple of years ago (my daughter in school @ Snow at the time and I wanted an "adventure" on the drive home).

It was all dirt and pretty rough until close to Joes Valley Reservoir but was absolutely beautiful! It connected to a road that goes across the top (Skyline Drive?) that looked promising.

It took about an hour longer to get to Price than the way I usually took (through Thistle), which isn't bad all things considered.

I'd do that drive again.

*Pixie*

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,029 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scenic drive from Ephraim to Huntington

Yup the road on top of the mountain is skyline dr and it is beautiful.

I don't think there is too much difference between the two canyons for beauty either one would be good that way.

Torrey, Utah
Destination Expert
for Torrey, Capitol Reef National Park
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scenic drive from Ephraim to Huntington

Huntington and Fairview canyons are paved all the way and gorgeous, especially the Huntington side.

6. Re: Scenic drive from Ephraim to Huntington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Manti
Recent Conversations