We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to eat

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
155 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Place to eat

Hello everyone,

we will be staying at The View in July and we were wondering where we could find a place to eat. Is there any restaurant in the area, not as expensive as the view's?

thank you in advance

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,423 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to eat

There's not a lot of choices there, basically The View and Gouldings. Or, you can drive down the road to Mexican Hat (25 miles). I haven't been at The View yet but I've thought the restaurant at Gouldings was reasonable.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,790 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to eat

The View and Gouldings have a monopoly at Monument Valley. There is nothing else. Your next options will be about 25 miles in either direction, and those choices will be limited. If you don't want to eat there, bring your own food and picnic in your room.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
356 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to eat

Depending on how much time you have you could even drive to Bluff which is about 48 miles. I know that sounds far, but many people drive that for their daily commute to work. But hey, you will be on vacation and the scenery on the drive over is great so that could be an option. You always have the "classic" Twin Rocks Cafe http://www.twinrockscafe.com/menu.htm

or you can try the fairly new (last year I think) San Juan River Kitchen I don't think they have a website up yet. I have been in there once(I was in a rush) and only got a hamburger (it was good) but I think the menu is more eclectic. But everyone seems to really like it.

Rick

http://reddirtdawg.blogspot.com/

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
155 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to eat

thank you guys,

I guess we will have a look at the nearby town and get something to eat ;-) looking forward !!!!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,508 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to eat

goulding's restaurant was reasonably priced

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
138 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to eat

Any other recommendations? Thanks for posting about Twin Rocks, looks very cool and we may make the trip.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,790 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place to eat

We had a surprisingly good dinner at the restaurant at The View Inn. We stayed there and ate dinner and breakfast and were very pleased with both, but dinner was the best. And very reasonably priced. Dinner for all four of us was less than $40 and we had more food than we could eat.

See my review here at TA and in my trip report.

8. Re: Place to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2010, 05:16