We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monument Valley Tour

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Monument Valley Tour

We will be vacationing in this area in Sept. I would like to do the tour through M, but have issues with motion sickness and have some concerns as I understand the trip is quite rough, especially in the beginning. Has anyone with my same problem taken this tour, and what is your advice?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,464 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monument Valley Tour

One of the beauties of MV is its remoteness and fact that you are touring this amazing place in the wilderness. A by product is that there are no paved roads. Yes, travel through the monument can be a bit rough but not excessively so. And because of that travel speeds are low, so I don't really see a scenario where motion sickness would be a big problem, but others may have more firsthand experience.

Yes, in the first portion of the primary tour you would drop down in elevation from The View hotel on some small switchbacks to the valley floor.

You'll get a variety of opinions here to help you make your decision. I would suggest giving it a try!

Have fun.

2. Re: Monument Valley Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 13:05
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monument Valley Tour

Thanks for reply. I'm going to give it a try!

4. Re: Monument Valley Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:16