We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

monument valley tours

Liverpool
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
monument valley tours

We will be touring the area mid-may and after 2 days at grand canyon will be spending 2 more at the view hotel in monument valley. Will my wife and I be able to pick up our choice of tour on site; thinking of all-day tour with Navajo spirit tours, sounds good, or would we be better booking in advance. Also tempted by the idea of a sunset tour. Any advice?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,176 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: monument valley tours

The provider isn't as important as the amount of time and destinations. The 'back country tours' are my preference. Any tour that goes beyond the 11 mile loop road will get you to more scenic and otherwise inaccessible sites. You will learn more about the history and culture too.

I discourage tours that have you moving during the sunset hour. Better to be situated and stable in one place so you can view and understand the effects of the changing sunlight. Best place IMO is on a patio or the deck at the View Hotel or Visitor Center.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: monument valley tours

thank you for your help we are planning to take all day tour of monument valley and mystery valley with Navajo spirit tours and take in sunset at the view where we are staying.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,176 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: monument valley tours

Excellent plan.

4. Re: monument valley tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 05:16