We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deer Valley vs Beaver Creek

Tupelo, Mississippi
Level Contributor
271 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Deer Valley vs Beaver Creek

We have 2 families of beginner& intermediate skiers who are considering Deer Valley for the first time. We skied Beaver Creek last year and LOVED the ski school and all the quaint little nicities. How would Deer Valley compare? I think it would be mech easier to get to from Salt Lake City than the drive from Denver. We are trying for the week following Chritmas.

Any nice ski-in/ski-out lodging suggestions or travel agencies? We could get 2 rooms or stay together in a large penthouse or townhouse. We have 4 adults and 6 children (8yrs - 11yrs).

Thanks!!!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,926 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deer Valley vs Beaver Creek

Never been to Beaver Creek, can't compare. But I can't see anyone not loving Deer Valley. Besides it being close to Park City and historic main street you have the best food in the state and a resort that caters to you.

And you are right, only 35 min from the airport!

With 10 people, whew, a condo or townhome would be great.

I've seen vrbo.com recommended.

You could also try deervalleylodging.com/resort.php/DVL/OVERVIEW

Atlanta
Level Contributor
246 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deer Valley vs Beaver Creek

We've done both resorts the same week following Christmas. Since you've done BC, you know that it is higher elevation and this caused a problem for a few people in our party of 2 families. They missed a couple ski days because they felt yukky. Ski school at DV is much more intimate and the kids programs are better if the two, IMO. Keep in mind, no snow boarding. Ski-in/ski-out at DV is harder to find unless you try Silver Lake (mid-moutain) and then you are a little farther from historic Park City. There is an excellent bus system though. I guess we favored DV over BC because 1) the convenience from the airport with kids 2)the wonderful ski school for kids and 3)the variety of lodging choices, but our major decision factor was the elevation (which can also mean that it doesn't get as cold!) We have used VRBO, the DV lodging company and another whose name I can't recall. Just make sure you check with this board before you book! Hope that helps!

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
327 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deer Valley vs Beaver Creek

I've stayed in two Deer Valley ski-in/ski-out properties that are at Snow Park Lodge, which is where ski school begins. Black Diamond is very nice and a little newer. Their ski locker room opens right onto the hill where ski school meets. Pine Inn/Trails End is on the other side of Snow Park. The building is a little older, but the unit we stayed in had been remodeled with a very updated kitchen. Its bathrooms weren't as luxurious as Black Diamond. Both properties offered shuttles that took us whereever we wanted to go. Have a great vacation!

Lansing, Michigan
Level Contributor
28 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deer Valley vs Beaver Creek

When I looked up Black Diamond, it looked as though it's all residences--how do you rent?

Lansing, Michigan
Level Contributor
28 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deer Valley vs Beaver Creek

Never mind--I figured it out!!

6. Re: Deer Valley vs Beaver Creek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 02:20