We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best ski school experience for young kids?

Wisconsin
1 post
Save Topic
Best ski school experience for young kids?

I am bringing 3 kids to the Park City area? Can anyone tell me which resort/ski school would be recommended? Easiest drop off/pickup. Best Facilities, Instructors?

Thanks!

JohnL

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best ski school experience for young kids?

My Daughter learned how to ski at Deer Valley Ski school and she loved it. We were in Alta over X-Mas and the ski school there is also fantastic.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
502 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best ski school experience for young kids?

Deer Valley hands down.

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
674 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best ski school experience for young kids?

Deer Valley was warm and wonderful. Returning again this year

RadaTilly
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best ski school experience for young kids?

We (2 kids: 11 and 9) are going Feb.2. How did your trip go, specifically lessons, but also rentals and transportation?

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
674 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best ski school experience for young kids?

Last year we rented ski equipment right at the base of the mountain, because my son was only 3.5 at the time, and quick and easy was the ticket. We demoed skis at the ski shop right in snow park lodge, which was very easy. We could walk to our condo, although this year we have a car since we are staying further away, and not on the bus route (better condo deal, even with a car rental). The buses seemed to be fairly frequent, and the shuttles to parking are in a sheltered area beneath the snow lodge, so you didn't have to freeze if you didn't want to walk to your car. Also, you can leave your skis for free at the ski corral overnight, and take a locker for your boots and gear. The less stuff you have to haul, the less chance of losing something, especially with 3 kids!

6. Re: Best ski school experience for young kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 07:17