We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

park city closing early this season?

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Topic
park city closing early this season?

I have heard rumblings they may close the ski resorts 1 week earlier than stated..

Locals.....is there any truth to this?

we were hoping to ski april 3-6.

thanks

alvinut
Level Contributor
266 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: park city closing early this season?

where have you heard this?

the park city resorts are scheduled to close April 11.

skiutah.com/winter/blog/2010-utah-resort-clo…

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
916 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: park city closing early this season?

Our son works at Deer Valley. I asked him last night and he had heard nothing to that effect.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: park city closing early this season?

Thank you to all. I also called the resort and they said they would NOT close early. I heard the rumor from a group who skied last week and had a great time but said the conditions were very spring-like and that there was buzz about an early closing.

Glad it is not true. I just need to expect spring skiing (unlike last April when we were there...sigh)

Thanks again!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,492 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: park city closing early this season?

Still waiting for some spring skiing. Didn't have much last year either. Today was mid-winter raging blizzard, with over a foot of new up at DV - most of which fell while we were at lunch. Should be a good one tomorrow.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
502 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: park city closing early this season?

The resorts are not closing early this year. If that were the case, it would cost millions of dollars in lost revenue. Even if the resorts in PC did close, there are 6 resorts within an hour of Park City that would be open. Snowbird is usually open unit Memorial Day and depending on late storms, even longer.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,492 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: park city closing early this season?

Talked to one of the area managers the other day and, for sure, no plans for early closing. In fact, likely to look at staying open later. And that was before we got a couple feet of snow today.

Miami
Level Contributor
306 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: park city closing early this season?

What an amazing turnaround. We just left Deer Valley on April 8th. We had about 5 feet of fresh powder in the week before we left. Some of the best conditions that we have ever experienced there.

Park City extended its ski season until April 18th. Enjoy the extra week of fun.

8. Re: park city closing early this season?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2010, 05:16