We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park City Early Janurary

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
Save Topic
Park City Early Janurary

Ok, here is my current dilemma. We are in the very early process of figuring out this years ski trip. We usually take a 4 - 5 day weekend over MLK weekend in January. We've been heading to Summit County, CO. This year due to construction on our kids High School they have changed around our Winter break. This year we have the week between Christmas and NYE off as well as the week after NYE. Which is a bonus for us as it now pushes our break into the "off season". We go with another family or two. We had originally talked about heading to Steamboat. I just found out that another friend of ours is heading to Park City this year. So we are now thinking of heading that way instead. I know if varies from year to year, but how is the early January skiing in Park City?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,423 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park City Early Janurary

It doesn't really vary that much by that time and you have as good, or better, a chance of having great skiing as any other Western resort. It's a fantastic place to ski with three world class resorts and an exciting town. Give it a try.

Greentown...
Level Contributor
244 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park City Early Janurary

Commit to Utah....you will love it.

alvinut
Level Contributor
266 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park City Early Janurary

Odds are in your favor that most of the terrain will be open by early january. Of course there no guarantees. While both steamboat and park city are great towns with great skiing, one advantage that Park City has over Steamboat is proximity to other ski areas. If you go to steamboat and the snow conditions aren't good - you're pretty isolated. Park City, on the other hand, is about an hour's drive from several other mountains, including Alta/Snowbird, which consistently have some of the most reliable snow conditions anywhere.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Park City Early Janurary

Thanks for the info. Right now I think I am leaning towards UT...

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
43 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park City Early Janurary

There are thousands of Park City customers who "used to go to Summit County CO." Give it a try, you won't be sorry.

6. Re: Park City Early Janurary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2010, 05:16