We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Lessons

virginia
10 posts
Save Topic
Ski Lessons

planning a trip week of christmas Have 7yr old with no experience, where should we stay?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,646 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski Lessons

At this point, I would say stay wherever you can find a room. It might be hard at this point in time too have much choice over Christmas. All three resorts have great ski schools. I'm a bit partial to Deer Valley but you can't go too wrong at any of them.

You will have your choice of private or group instruction. Any of the ski schools can work with someone with no experience and matchup with peers in a class.

Have fun.

Miami
Level Contributor
306 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski Lessons

Sign up for group lessons. We prefer DV during Xmas as the number of skiers are limited. I have personally waited 10 to 15 minutes for a ski lift at PCMR during Xmas or President's Week. Excellent child instruction at DV as well as being the number Ski resort for the 4th straight year per readers of Ski magazine.

Everything in Park City is close so you can stay anywhere in town and ski at the local resorts in town..

Have fun.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski Lessons

Lessons:

Deer Valley has the best beginners area and the best childrens lessons to age 6. After age 6 the classes are too large.

The beginner area at PCMR is not as nice & wide as DV, and its packed and has a drop off, but has small classes for 7 and above.

Place to stay: Where ever you can find a place, its packed. I do not go Christmas, Sundance, Presidents weekend, tooooo crowded

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski Lessons

Update: DV starting this winter is now limiting the number of student in ski lessons for over 6. I would now recommend DV for lesson for 7 and above.

Edited: 29 October 2010, 05:25
5. Re: Ski Lessons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2011, 06:18