We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowmobiling in Park City/Deer Valley

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Snowmobiling in Park City/Deer Valley

My husband and I are going to be in Deer Valley in February this year. Our main purpose is to ski (I am first time skier - my husband has had some skiing experience many years ago), but I am thinking snow mobiling would be a fun thing to do as well. This would be a first time experience for us, so guided tours is what we would be looking for! I found Summit Meadows Adventures and was wondering if anyone has used them (or other places) and would like to share their experience. Thanks!

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snowmobiling in Park City/Deer Valley

I have been Summit Meadow excellent equipment, can use your own helmet, close to PC, not very scenic. Thousand Peaks, a very, very long drive, not as nice of equipment, must use their helmets, much better on the scenery (1000x better scenery). Short on time Summit Meadow, lost of time Thousand Peaks, (if you can do the half day @ Thousand Peaks its worth it.)

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,507 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snowmobiling in Park City/Deer Valley

Also check with All Seasons Adventures, which does a wide range of activities basing out of Deer Valley. I don't know if they do their own snowmobile trips or if they use third-party vendors.

There actually is some fantastic snowmobiling up Empire Pass at Deer Valley and up through Guardsman Pass. But, I don't know that anyone offers it commercially or not.

Also put snow tubing on your list. There are two options, Gorgoza on I-80 just outside of Park City and Soldier Hollow, about 30-40 minutes away in Midway. I prefer the latter - longer, more runs, capacity controlled, nice lodge, cheaper, etc.

Also, a second on Thousand Peaks if you want to schlep all the way out there.

Have fun.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snowmobiling in Park City/Deer Valley

If you are looking for other activities check out my blog I wrote, google; What to do in Park City if you dont ski. Cheers.

4. Re: Snowmobiling in Park City/Deer Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2012, 09:16